Monday, April 16, 2012

Rosemary Spa Scrub








Here is rosemary from my own 2011 herb garden, some dead sea salt and sunflower oil make the rest. I add a little extra rosemary oil because I love it. This is a recipe adapted from an Herb Companion article.

This is what I use after a hard day of outdoor work. I'll be hitting this scrub, along with Rosemary Soap and Salve a LOT in may when I'm planting lavender. Check out the good folks at Elder Forrest, I highly recommend their soaps and salves. These are the folks I get the rosemary salve from, but I also like their lavender and we have several of their soaps on hand in our linen closet. www.elderforestsoap.com

You should never use a scrub more than once a week. Rosemary is excellent for sore muscles and circulation. After a hot shower using my rosemary line up, I crawl into bed warm, relaxed and fall right to sleep. I notice I'm not as stiff in the morning either. In the winter, I use this after a new yoga routine that's um, really stretched me out.

No comments: