Saturday, March 21, 2020

california trip photos

Well, I've been inside quite a bit these last few days. Yesterday I made some cookies from a box mix in the back of the pantry.

I used crisco butter flavored sticks instead of butter and they were a little dry after mixing but they were okay.

The cute blueberry dish towel is a recent addition to the kitchen. I love cute dish towels just like my mom. 

Andrew and I went to California in mid late February and these photos are from that trip.


I though this fox sculpture was cute. It's the Sierra Nevada fox. 



In Santa Barbara,  near one of our favorite restaurants called State and Fig, is this wonderful water fountain. There are about 20 turtles in different sizes and a couple different species.

See a nice short video here of the turtle fountain in the La Arcada Courtyard of Santa Barbara.


This is an indoor saltwater aquarium in the Kings Hawaiian restaurant in Los Angeles. It's a restaurant by the Kings Hawaiian bread company.



These are pictures from wine country in the Santa Ynez Valley.

A pretty shot of a shop in Los Olivos. Home of this wonderful 4-h mural.

And here is a picture of me in Los Alamos at Bedford winery. Here I am enjoying the company of a terrier far from home and my own little Tutu.

Hitch is 7 and has seen rough days. He followed his current owner home one day and has been greeting customers ever since.

And I know, that's a great hat I'm wearing.

I'm always amazed and what California can grow all year. I mean I know it as a rational fact but seeing 4 foot tall blooming rosemary in January never fails to delight me.


And our wonderful friend Amy had her lemon tree loaded with lemons just ready to be made into lemonade.


I have pictures of Andrew but is reticent when it comes to pictures on the blog. I'll just end with a picture of one of the places he loves best. It's way too windy for me but he loves the Korean Bell of Friendship.


No comments: