Monday, March 16, 2020

A day of of getting ready for spring.



Well the night of the snowy day I took a nice hot bath since I could have the hot water to myself.  I've been reading books that I own but I've never gotten around to reading. I put a lot of stuff in my bath like epsom salt and baking soda (to keep from getting pruney) bubbles of course and some aromatherapy. This time I tossed an old floral blend of dried herbs and flowers.


I stay in a while and try to be myself like a lobster but sometimes it happens.

On Sunday Andrew and I tidied the basement so its safer for n.v us and the pets when there is a tornado warning like there was last spring.

We got rid of a lot. Andrew even attached an eye bolt under the stairs so I can hook up Tutu's leash while I get the cats in the event Andrew is away.

Here is a picture of Tutu right now as I write this. 


Another project we did is work on peeling on peeling tomatoes to make sauce for pizza later. We get busy in the summer and just freeze them whole. The bags of tomatoes were taking lots up lots of space.

Once we peel and blend, all three bags will equal one bag of tomato base to make a sauce.

They skins will go to the chickens.

One of the boxes I came across had a variety of items including these glasses.

Check out the fancy detail.

These belonged to my great grandmother Carmella Lizza. This is where I get my Italian eyes and hair.

Carmella came to America from central Italy at around 12 years old after her widowed father remarried. A wealthy family in the village were moving to America and needed someone to care for one of their elders who was blind. 

Carmella agreed and never looked back. The family ran a grocery store and every morning an Italian cook for the Chesapeake and Ohio railroad came to the store to water for cooking. His name was Felix Lizza.

Carmella raised 5 children and went to Mass. She died on Easter Sunday long before I was born.

I have plans for these glasses so stay tuned. Not to wear though they are just too heavy.

Here is a link to the hens enjoying tomato scraps one of the hens does a cute thing.


See you next time.

No comments: