Monday, March 21, 2005

Choosing a House

Well, I think we have pretty much settled on a house from American Heritage and once everything is set in stone I will put up a link to the model we are choosing. We talked to the folks yesterday and are going to work on finalizing the different options we want to settle on a price to go for the construction loan. We are going to spend the summer staining all the trim and five of the doors, then the construction folks will install it. We are also painting the house ourselves and will be grateful for any and all help our friends and family can offer. We have to primer too. It will be around the holidays I fear and I know that isn't a good time for anything like this. If you are uncomfortable with the idea of painting someone else's house, you can certainly help with putting the primer on cause we gotta do that too. We have already started a little journal of ideas and things we think we might want to do with the house and I have even opened up an online account at home depot where we can save project directions, tips, and even have a wish list of items we want to get later. I hate the idea of seeing something we really like but then forgetting about it in the thick of things so this helps with that. ANother cool thing about American Heritage is we buy light fixtures with some of the money from the loan, pick em out ourselves and then the construction folks pick them out so that is pretty cool. The good news is I have posted pictures on the web--not here though :( but the bad news is I will not be able to post a link here. I will be emailing you all directly with an invitation to view the album, so we are getting there. That's all for now I think. Later, Julie

No comments: