Sunday, April 12, 2020

Happy Easter

I went from thinking a few days ago that I had hardly any content for the blog. Then yesterday I realized I had a ton of pictures. As I write Moxie keeps me company.

She has such a loud purer. I'm worried she might be nursing a giant hairball as she is hungry all the time but only eats a little bit at a time. She also has a penchant for chewing and sometimes eating plastic.

Her weight is the same and so are her behaviors so I'll monitor and only take her to the vet if Andrew and I think its absolutely necessary.

Yesterday Andrew made his delicious home made double rise sheet pan pizza with some of the tomatoes we worked on a few weeks ago. This is the stuff dreams are made of.

I may try to make this an Easter eve tradition.

I made Easter baskets for Andrew and I this year something I try to do other years with varying success. I got Tutu a box of biscuits but Andrew reminder me she has her own stocking for Christmas so shes going to need her own basket. Luckily I have plenty of baskets around this house.

Mine is the red and green woven basket from my own childhood Easters. I got a new apron. Because I love aprons.

I just dont get those waist only aprons. I have this lovely vintage cherry apron that I never wear because what's the point? 

I have mentioned in past blog posts how much I love Easter. The message of all things new new. The pastel colors, bunnies, chicks, flowers I just love it all. There is less pressure than Christmas and in think Easter dinner is open to a lot more interpretation. It's just Andrew and I for Easter this year...and this is the first time in maybe three or four years he hasn't been at the station. We splurged and got very fancy steaks instead of hamr and are having roast vegetables and...cherry pie with cherries from our own orchard.

But not enough to make a pie so we will be mixing black raspberries in to ah, fill it out. 

And this will be my second black raspberry treat this week. Mom made a pie earlier in the week and gave us half.


Yes, that's a rare vintage atomic style harkerware plate I'm holding. I love my vintage dishes for desserts.

In other kitchen news I continue the freezer clean out campaign and not just with the frozen orchard cherries. Last night in also dug out some frozen red raspberries...I cant even remember where they came from since bbn I usually dont like them. I also found a bag of gooseberries from Andrew's...Bush? Is it a gooseberry bush? Anyway I cooked both down with some sugar for our waffles this morning.

The gooseberries smell like steamed grass to me. To each their own.

This is a huge post already and I haven't even gotten to exciting garden projects so I'll be doing another post soon.  I'll end with this project I started yesterday. I turned it into a video for work but it's also something I've wanted to try for a long time. It is fabric painting like my Grandma Perdue used to do. She did paintings and my baby blanket is her work too. I have several of her pillowcases Including this one.

wow. Someone really has to be the star of the show. Let's try again.
I think grandma did some stenciling and free hand.  I'm trying with some embroidery patterns my friend Janet gave me. 

Those tiny dots are mo joke. But later I got tired and or the brush got too thick with paint. 
Definitely more interpretive. 

I will wrap up for now. I hope you are safe and well and Happy Easter.

No comments: