Friday, April 03, 2020

april 3

I thought for sure I would have a lot of pictures from this past week but as I look back in my gallery not so much. I have been taking lots of video content for the kids through library social media channels. I'm not sure if my read alouds are improving but last night a took a single perfect take of what was fairly elaborate. I'm excited to see it when ita posted butbhwre is a picture I took of the set up as it wrapped.




You can bet I'm leveraging the farm and all my a little animals.

I've been napping in the afternoons with Maxwell on days andrew is home and napping with tutu. I realized his bed was a little austere so I've tried to up my cat nest game.

I'm continuing to slowly read books from my library...a commitment I started at the new year. I seem to keep one out of three which is a nice ratio. This one is a keeper.

I read her book my country year or maybe it was a country year. Anyway she was an amazing tough woman with a very interesting story. She does recently and even how she did that was interesting. Look her up. She wrote and lived beautifully and a real tough cookie. There are many wonderful passages but I think the afterward was my favorite.

My big house project was tackling organizing my antique Hoosier cabinet mom gave me sever years ago. I remember when she bought it at a farm auction when I was in grade school and she took off seven layers of paint tha TV summer. I didnt take a before picture. The hoosier cabinet holds tried herbs about 75 percent grown and tried from the herb garden and some things purchased. The Hoosier cabinet tends to be a catch all for related hobbies and craft projects as well as vintage kitchen wear for said hobbies and crafts. I didnt take a before picture but here is a work in progress one.


I am probably 75 percent through in this picture. Some jars could be consolidated...others I had to be honest about they herbs being old or I'm never going to use and those got composted.

Et voila 

I had massive amounts of the staple ingredients for my treasured lavender almond oatmeal facial rub. So on another day I made a huge amount.

This is what I started with.

After I food processed the almonds and oats into finer pieces I started with lavender and threw in some chamomile.


I wish I could translate through words to you the heady deep smell of the lavender from the oil being released.

And it's really about releasing the oil to mingle with the oats and a kml mond because the shape of the lavender buds are very aerodynamic and even after several minutes of processing most of them retain most of their original shape.

here are all the ingredients ready to be combined.



and the finished product.

It's not a scrub. There is neither salt nor sugar. This is excellent to rub on your face, roll rather on you skin once you dampen a handful of it. I use it most exclusively in the summer after a long day of sun block and sweat. I recommend using it over the kitchen sinker where there a garbage disposal or strainer. Its worth the effort. This mix will remove sunscreen sweat and dirt along with dead skin cells without being rough on your skin. Oatmeal and lavender are especially soothing.

I'm looking forward to sharing with friends when I see you again. This mix made with love is waiting for you.

No comments: