Sunday, May 19, 2019

April Round Up

We're more than halfway through May so I thought I'd post a round up of April. With all the rain and still cold weather April doesn't have much in gardening news. However, for the first time since relocating some wild asparagus from years ago, I actually had the presence of mind to harvest it. Nearly every spring our domestic and wild asparagus shoots up and seeds before I can think "hey maybe I should check on the asparagus." But not this year. Perfect for eggs, asparagus is my favorite green vegetable. I got the perfect gift of lavender about 6 weeks ago. He's planted in the herb garden now but for about a month he rode around in my cupholder which provided a perfect green house condition. The plant doubled in the size you see here before I planted it. It was actually kind of fun to have a plant in the car. Blooms from one of the orchard trees. Currently we had four baby robins hatch just this weekend in one of them. I wish these lilacs were mine, but the classic lilac I tried to grow from a start never made it. The benefits of working in a walk able neighborhood with some lovely gardens. So many rainbows in April with all the rain.sun.rain.sun. You can see here that the grass is green but weeds have not completely taken over the lavender yet. I've told myself I'm going to do more baking, but gardening and the declutter project around the house keep taking precedent. One thing I'm consistently making are these lovely, tutu approved home made dog biscuits. They are fast but more importantly cheap to make. You can find the recipe here: Tutu looks on while I make her the biscuits. Yes, one of these days I'll get around to writing about Tutu.

No comments: