Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Autumn 2018

All of these pictures were taken with my phone. There may be more camera and and special lens photography in the future. I was really pleased that in this one you can see the dozens of birds in the sky.
I really think September is the most beautiful month in Ohio.
The picture above reminds me of the good parts of having a house on a hill that faces west. Fabulous sunsets. Of course it's easy to forget after a weekend of 50 to 60 mph hour winds as we had this weekend. Thankfully nothing blew off the house so no repairs are needed. This photo reminds me of the virtues of using a nice camera rather than a phone. This picture was much better in person. If you look to the lower left of the moon, that tiny speck of light I think was a planet, but I can't remember which one.
Another late September photo. I marvel every year at the multiple machines in the field, and the wonderful green or red against the drying fields. The photo does not reflect the huge amount of dust that's kicked up during harvest. Beautiful and allergy aggravating. This was nearly five months ago and in another five months we will be on the other side of 4th of July, the lavender will be cut and I'll be getting a delicious red black diamond watermelon once a week from Pa's Produce.
But for now it's still base layers and gloves, propane tank refills and electric water-ers for the chickens. One day I will be gleefully unplugging the electric waterer...and wondering when I'm going to mow/weed/water.

No comments: