Saturday, August 11, 2012

Frozen Treats on Parade

Baking has taken a back seat to frozen treat experimenting. There have been lots of great books floating in through the library. Here is what I've been working on. First, a blueberry custard based ice cream that Andrew and I made last year. We use the sauce recipe from Jeni's and the custard base from Alton Brown's Good Eats, the early years.
And here is the finished scoop...
I made homemade fudge-sicles from wwww.bakingbites.com they tasted great but for some reason I couldn't get them out and had to spoon them out. But they were so simple to make and so good, it's a small glitch.
I just got a new book at the library that looks promising.
And I used cucumbers and mint from the garden to make cucumber mint sorbet. It is surprisingly tasty, even though in this picture it looks like mashed potatoes and chives.
I have strawberry balsamic popsicles in the freezer now so stay tuned.

No comments: