Thursday, August 21, 2008

Tweeker and Molly




This is a fairly recent picture of our cat babies (Andrew would call them Cats) Tweeker (orange) and Molly (tortie)

They are great fun and company. Molly is definitely the more classic cat-like, slinky, aloof sometimes and cuddly at others. She runs the schemes, chases, and exploring adventures. When ever they are caught doing something naughty, Molly looks at you with a cool, narrowed face. She's not going to talk. Tweeker, wide-eyed, plays the sweet but dopey sidekick to a tee.

Tweeker will allow you to shove him into the carrier for the vet, and take medicine before he has even known what happens. Molly has to be tricked, cornered, wrapped in a towel and boy can she glare.

Tweek cries sometimes but mostly opens his mouth and makes an almost muted (me--uh) sound. Molly has a one note, lingering cry that wavers in a high pitch.

Both cats love to cuddle, but only Tweeker can be picked up. Molly always must come to us. She will cuddle with me in bed as I read, propped up in the crook of my arm, a paw outstreteched to touch my chin, her face flat against my arm. As soon I shut off the light, she is gone, scampering away to chase Tweek or jump on the kitchen cabinets.

Tweeker is the one who I always find curled up on my pillow in the middle of the note, ultra soft and warm.

Good companions, these cats, they really make our house a home.

4 comments:

John said...

Cats, cats, cats! Molly's picture and description is just like my cat Padme (I didn't name her. A Star Wars fan did). On a related note, came across a URL where you can buy genetically altered cats that are hypoallergenic. They cost $6000 (yes, 3 zeroes!)

Anonymous said...

Your Molly looks just like my Lola! Her personality matches too...if only cats liked to meet up for coffee they could find out how similar they really are...um, just realized how crazy cat lady that sounded...anyways nice blog!
Amanda

Chrissy said...

Your kitties are adorable! I love blog posts about cats. I had a cat named Molly when I was growing up, so that made me a little nostalgic.

kkbookmom said...

Oh, they are absolutely adorable! And they must really love being with each other, all snuggled up close to one another. :-)