Saturday, May 28, 2005

We have a house number!

I have put off blogging because I have been depressed, busy and stressed. Andrew is back from his trip out of town. We had a family member pass away and the past couple of weeks have a decidedly blue tinge to them. Andrew has to work most of this weekend but on Sunday we hope to finish stripping the door we got at Canada—we have to wrap that project up in a couple of weeks because this Saturday I am going to pick up some old French doors with a mission style look. Quite a find I think. Anyway we got our approval/suggestions for putting in a driveway and got our house number-2321 South Parkview Rd. Our application for a zoning permit can now go through. We meet with the floor plan drafter again this Wednesday so things are moving a long. I mowed the lot yesterday two hours before it rained. It’s amazing how quickly the sky can go from beautiful to “Hang on Toto” but there you have it. I found another dozen rocks for Andrew and I to pick up tomorrow and only ran over a couple of pieces of plastic tile so we must be getting most of that. I have been invited to join my first American Library Association Young Adult Library Services division committee. It’s a two year appointment and should be a lot of fun. I am preparing for my trip to Chicago—trying to figure out how big a suitcase I should bring. I am not staying as long as I did last time so I may try to get away with a smaller case. I’m also going to dress a lot more casual for comfort since it will be so hot. Not much else to write. I imagine we will have the driveway in by the time I leave for Chicago.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie & Andrew,

So, where will you be? I decided to look up the address on some maps:

http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=2321+South+Parkview+Rd,+Mechanicsburg,+OH

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&address=2321+South+Parkview+Rd+&city=Mechanicsburg&state=OH

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=2321+South+Parkview+Rd+&csz=Mechanicsburg+OH+&Get%A0Map=Get+Map

The slight differences between the maps are interesting. (Does Yahoo have it in the wrong place?)

Also, you can toggle to the satellite view on Google's map. Cool! (and green!)

* * *

Sara and I are leading our usual hectic lives -- no more hectic than yours, right? Hopefully, we can meet for lunch or dinner in the near future. It's easier said than done -- but we'll figure something out.

- Scott