Thursday, June 25, 2020

Sprawling Garden Post Part 2

A Strawberry moon rise for you:




The pictures in this post are pushing two to three weeks old. It's a real moment in time and I'm very excited for the next post that will feature a lot of great weather/sky photography. For now, let's catch up as much as we can with projects indoor and out.

Here is a picture of the second round of plants I received from my generous green thumb friend.







More hostas to block out weeds, and more tomatoes. The lavender was in the first batch but I was still waiting to pot them. They are potted now and will appear in the epic blog post about lavender season.

The 7 year old moon flower seeds showed signs of life within 5 days of planting.



And the morning glories really need thinned. I know I should thin them. But which ones to choose? I'll let them all go and grow up the trellis anyway.





Also on the back deck and already blooming on the trellis is our little climbing rose. His companion died years ago and this is the first year that he has had so many blooms.





And also on the back deck, the little tree I transplanted weeks ago:




He still leans a bit, but he's quite green. 



Check out our beautiful false indigo. It only lasts a little while before going to the seed pod stage. 




In the back forty we have some milkweed growing around the chicken pen for the monarch butterflies.



And here's a shot of Andrew's more established grapes, pruned up nicely. 



And some of the younger grapes:





Andrew working on keeping the weeds at bay.







Tutu enjoys being outside if the weather is nice.



And if the company is good. She loves hanging out on her MawMaw's and PawPaw's front porch. Guarding the property and watching squirrels.






The chickens Dad got in the spring are really growing, enjoying their new roost and ladder:



Here is a fun video of them enjoying the great outdoors, and some bread..






And for those getting the email, you can find the video at this link here


I want to thank my good friend David for all his help with the laptop I use to blog. He helped me pick it out, get it set up and continues to help me keep it updated and manage these video uploads. They are tricky!  Thank you David!



About a week has passed, shall we check on the moon flowers?



There are still some indoor projects going on too, like re-potting spider plants that were in these Terra cotta pots leftover from and old chia herb garden kit.

I actually think these pots are crap and that is one of the reasons they weren't doing very well. So the pots will serve as shards for drainage at the bottom for other pots.




They've settled in quite nicely in their new digs.




I'm enjoying putting little tchotckes



Other projects around the house include enjoying some quiet time to make some new summer jewelry with farmed cultured pearls and rose quartz.





I think these pastel dyed pearls look like butter mints...I can't eat them but I guess I can wear them!



And on an especially warm afternoon, a cool siesta with Maxwell is in order. Man, he does wonders for my complexion.


Until next time when we look at sun, clouds, rain, and color on the farm.






No comments: