Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Oh new version of blogger, how you frustrate me!

Okay so blogger has changed some things and I am still catching up with it. For this post, I'll have the text first and then the pictures. Not how I like to do it, but until I can figure some things out, we'll have to let it work this way. Introducing Ruby! We have a fifth hen in the Scordato chicken pen! She appeared like a stranger in the night, eating birdseed one morning in my parent's back yard. Dad netted her and she is very calm and sweet and even her little chicken song is different from the goldies. She is a golden laced wyandotte chicken. She is a popular choice and is very cold hardy. She's larger than the other goldies and has a smaller comb which makes her less vulnerable to frostbite. She isn't laying any eggs yet. It only took her three weeks for the 4 goldies to accept her and even though she is bigger in body and beak, they totally bully her and she is always the last one to come out of the coop in the morning. Below are some snaps of Molly sunning herself in the sunshine. I took these pictures specifically for a special project I'll share later next week. The Flea Market Chic book is my latest favorite decorating book. The introduction is nice, and I like almost something on nearly every page! And here's a quiet shot of Maxwell, patiently waiting out winter like the rest of us. I have big news the next blog post is going to be pretty cool. Andrew and I recently returned from a a trip to Southern California and I took a ton of pictures...now I just have to figure out how to load them in between text. Stay tuned. I hope to have a nice post to help transition us into spring when I should be able to post more. And if you haven't signed up for email, do so and it will get delivered directly in your inbox!

No comments: