Monday, November 19, 2012

Out and About the Garden

I'm toying with the idea of cutting off a ton of dill that's cropped up in the herb garden the past couple weeks and trying a cheddar dill bread recipe. A lot will hinge on time, but it hasn't been that hurt by the frost so I am tempted to give it a shot. On Sunday the 18th the late blooming monster of a mum was a bee magnet, and well, you know how much I like taking pictures of bees.
That orange you see on her leg is pollen that she will carry back to her hive to be mixed with honey and enzymes to make a "bee bread" that is then in turn used to feed the baby bees. I confirmed this with Honeyrun farm www.honeyrunfarm.blogspot.com The Barnes family has a great operation going and you can find their honey products at North Star market, Smith's Farm stand, and online at www.etsy.com I also like this picture I got because even though the bee is blurry, check out the shadow!
Speaking of a garden update, make sure you swing by www.blacklablavender.blogspot.com I know I haven't posted in forever, but here is one, probably the last until spring.

No comments: