Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Indoor Projects: Spa

Now that this year's cucumber plants are off and growing and it's getting to be hot weather, I dug around the deep freezer for some cucmber puree that I froze last summer when I was up do my eyeballs in cucumber. I made some cucumber after bath splash. The flat jars were and experiment. I mixed ground oats with the pulp of the cucumber left over from draining the cucumber juice off to make a light summery scrub. This was not a recipe, and is an experiment. I also made a triple batch of brown sugar body scrub for a friend at work. It's actually white sugar and brown sugar, sunflower oil, and optional, vanilla or lavender essential oil. One of my favorite decorating books lately is this title. THe problem with a lot of decorating books is that they look pretty but, do people really live like that? The addition of a dog or cat in the picture doesn't quite sell me. But there are still some really good ideas in here. She has a quarterly magazine coming out too, the summer one is out and I've enjoyed looking at it too. Here's a picture of Maxwell, sleeping through my puttering about in the kitchen.

No comments: