Wednesday, January 27, 2010






Maxwell and Molly are finally mixing and I think we're making progress. Maxwell still stays largely in his room. We had to move the boxspring and mattress away because he kept hiding under the bed. Sunday night I returned from an author visit and found him on the family room couch to which he made a slight eeep sound and ran down the dining room and hallway and up the stairs back into his room so he must know his way around.

I was worried about Molly. Up until Tuesday night, Maxwell had her buffaloed, charging out of his room to the landing, kicking his hind legs out and chasing her off. Molly always came up to investigate though and she's figured out his bluff.

Last night I watched them get very close to each other. It was very interesting to watch. There was no chasing or spitting, just some low growling. Maxwell has the look on his face of being resigned that this other cat is going to do what she wants, but I hope he is understanding she isn't going to hurt him. He tolerated her approach until she touched his tail with her nose, then he lashed out but even then it seemed half hearted.

He was on the landing this morning but raced back into his room. I can only hope someday he'll be racing around the whole house with Molly, fast friends and happy.

I'll post some pictures of Molly soon.

No comments: