Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ten Random Things and a Reader Contest

1) I am addicted to sugar, and just fine with that, thanks.

2) Cookie Monster, Oscar, and Grover are my favorite Sesame Street characters. When I was little, Mom would buy me these Sesame Street picture books at the grocery store, they were a series, and each one was like a print version of an episode, with counting pages, stories, and focus on a letter and number. I still have them.

3) I hate to vaccuum.

4) My first car was a 1982 Berlinetta Camaro with brown metallic paint...I was supposed to get a station wagon but Dad wanted it to drive to work...

5) I am the 1992 Champaign County Rabbit Queen...yes I have a tiara.

6) I am the 1997 Champaign County 4-H Girl of the year, yes I have a silver pitcher and yes I polish it once a year.

7) I am roughly 100,000 words into my first book for teens. It's almost done...theoretically.

8) I am afraid of toads and frogs. Yep.

9) If I was going to be a boy, my parent's were going to name me Andrew. My first high school boyfriend's name was Andy, and I am married to an Andrew.

10) Lately, my cat Tweeker has been sleeping with me, on my pillow every night. Boy can that little booger generate heat!

11) Bonus: The first person who can name what food group I can no longer eat in the comments section gets a *new* lip balm.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your list Julie. Funny, I only know the book writing thing before. Now that I know about your tiara, I;m wondering if you would wear it to bop :)

Cheryl said...

This was fun to read! I'm in love with Sesame Street. I'll have to post up my 10 soon.

typealibrarian said...

I know that you don't eat much of anything except nuts, pop tarts and peanut butter crackers. I can't remember exactly, but I thought you had to avoid all dairy.

Scott at Parsons said...

Your blog title sounds like the name of an Italian restaurant.

"Man, I'm starvin'."
"Oh yeah? Well let's go to Scoradtos!"

(cue violins)

sowens said...

I loved your post thanks for sharing it with us. I do not know anyone who liked to vacuum except my mother. If I'd been a boy my name may have been Darryl. don't ask! (LOL)

Kim said...

Jules,
I can't believe I knew everything on your list except for the name you would have been given had you been a boy. Imagine, Andrew! Very interesting. Oh, yeah and after a long battle you discovered that dairy products were not your friend. Glad to hear the book is moving along.
Kim

Beth said...

Fun read! I too still have all the grocery store Sesame Street books. Can't wait to share them with my little one (who is becoming a fan!).